Matsutake Gohan (Matsutake Mushroom Rice with Yuzu and Mitsuba)
2 Japanese rice cups (360 ml) short grain rice, rinsed and drained
1 1/3 cups (320 ml) dashi
2 Tbls sake
2 Tbls light color soy sauce (“usukuchi shoyu”)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
6 oz (180 g) matsutake mushrooms
Garnish of Yuzu or lemon zest and Mitsuba leaves
- Rinse the rice and drain.
- Combine the rinsed rice, sake, soy sauce, salt, and dashi stock in an electric rice cooker or donabe rice cooker. Let the rice soak in liquid for 20 minutes.
- Add the matsutake mushrooms over the rice.
- Cook rice according to electric rice cooker or donabe rice cooker instructions.
- Uncover and gently toss the rice with paddle from bottom.
- Garnish with yuzu zest and mitsuba leaves.