Common Grains Film Screening and Soba Bar at Atwater Crossing
· WHAT: Guests will enjoy screening of films featuring an unsung player in Japanese cinema—rice. The award-winning film by Japanese filmmakers, Branded to Kill, an entertaining 1960’s gangster movie will be accompanied by an informal lecture by Anne McKnight, member of the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures at UCLA. A soba bar featuring artisanal soba and grilled onigiri, and a variety of sake will be offered at the indoor and outdoor screenings.
· WHERE: Atwater Crossing located at 3245 Casitas Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90039
· WHEN: Friday, February 3, 2012, soba bar opens at 5 p.m. and the screening and lecture begins at 7:30 p.m.
· COST: No cost to attend the screenings, food and drinks will be available for purchase
· RSVP: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org